Just recently, OSHA released their list of 2014′s Top 10 most frequently cited standards. OSHA releases this each year so that employers can be aware of commonly cited standards and take steps to address, or fix, the hazards before they get cited. Below is the list of the Top 10 Most Frequently Cited Violations.
1. Fall protection (C) (1926.501)
2. Hazard communication (1910.1200)
3. Scaffolding (C) (1926.451)
4. Respiratory protection (1910.134)
5. Powered industrial trucks (1910.178)
7. Ladders (C) (1926.1053)
8. Electrical: wiring (1910.305)
9. Machine guarding (1910.212)
10. Electrical: systems design (1910.303)
(C = Construction standard)
**These are for OSHA Fiscal 2014 (Oct. 1, 2013, to Sept. 30, 2014)
A majority of the accidents that occur are completely preventable if the safety standards are followed. If you don’t know where to start, do a training course. Educate yourself and your employees so that accidents don’t happen.
Do you still have more questions? Give one of our Safety Specialists a call. You don’t have to stress about Safety. Let us provide you with solutions.