Sudden cardiac arrest is a leading cause of death in the U.S., affecting more than 1,000 people each day. On average, only 10% of victims survive, but survival rates jump to 40% when victims are treated with cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and an automated external defibrillator (AED). Research shows that providing high-quality CPR is key to survival.
Recent statistics for Sudden Cardiac Arrest, CPR and AED
Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA)
- Almost 300,000 casualties of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest are treated each year in the U.S.
- Less than 8% of people who suffer cardiac arrest outside the hospital survive.
- Less than 1/3 of out-of-hospital sudden cardiac arrest casualties receive bystander CPR.
- Effective bystander CPR, provided immediately after sudden cardiac arrest, can double or triple a person’s chance of survival.
Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs)
- Unless CPR and defibrillation are provided within minutes of collapse, few attempts at resuscitation are successful.
- Even if CPR is performed, defibrillation with an AED is required to stop the abnormal rhythm and restore a normal heart rhythm.
- New technology has made AEDs simple and user-friendly. Clear audio and visual cues tell users what to do when using an AED and coach people through CPR. A shock is delivered only if the victim needs it.
Let Emergent Safety Supply help you be prepared for these situations!
Download the Why CPR? brochure now for further information.
AED Plus® Package
ZOLL AED Plus® is the only automated external defibrillator with Real CPR Help® technology, giving rescuers real-time feedback on depth and rate of chest compressions during CPR.
Available in 2 versions, semiautomatic and fully automatic. Package includes an adult electrode pad (CPR-D-padz®), (1) sleeve of batteries, and a soft carry case. PlusTrac™, an AED Management Program, is also available for either 1- or 5-years (PlusTrac Professional1 or Professional5).
Interested in another type of defibrillator?
Call us and we will provide exactly what you need!